The mission of the Texarkana Homeless Coalition is to heighten awareness and develop a community-wide commitment to the needs and issues surrounding individuals and families who are near or experiencing homelessness.
The Texarkana Homeless Coalition consists of a number of organizations and individuals working together to end homelessness in Texarkana and Bowie County.
In Texarkana, as in the rest of the United States, the homeless and near-homeless population includes people from all walks of life.
The purpose and objectives of this Coalition are:
(1) to gather information in order to identify and fill the gaps in services and community needs;
(2) to protect and improve the lives and safety of the homeless and near homeless;
(3) to actively engage homeless and other stakeholders in developing solutions to achieving self-sufficiency;
(4) to communicate with funding entities, other organizations and the public at large to promote the general welfare of the homeless and to increase self-sufficiency; and
(5) to ensure full development of a continuum of care with the shelter, housing and programs necessary to meet the needs of all homeless people and efficiently and effectively move them to self-sufficient life.